O'Connor Company was founded in 1970 by Irish and Mary O’Connor under two basic principles, comfort and service. For nearly half a century O'Connor Company has been rising to the challenge and meeting the demand for commercial HVAC equipment. Whether working with building owners, mechanical contractors or consulting engineers, we are here to provide continued expertise coupled with quality parts and equipment.
O'Connor Company covers a wide territory throughout South Dakota as well as northwest Iowa, eastern Wyoming and Montana and Nebraska.
O’Connor Company is part of HVAC Elements which is the marketing arm that includes G & R Controls and Balancing Professionals. The three independent businesses cover different aspects of the commercial HVAC business. Being a part of HVAC Elements allows customers easy and direct access to expertise in building controls, energy management and testing, analyzing and balancing of HVAC systems. There is no obligation to the sister companies, but the expertise is available if needed.
- 1970 • O’Connor Company was founded in Sioux Falls by Irish & Mary O’Connor
- 1978 • O’Connor Company Rapid City Branch Opens
- 1983 • Irish & Mary O’Connor retire
- 1994 • O'Connor Company forms O'Connor Group along with Grider Robinson and Associates & Balancing Professionals
- 1999 • Built E 54th Street Building (Currently Convergint Technologies) – first owned real estate
- 1998 • Rapid City office builds current facility
- 2005 • O’Connor Group builds current headquarters in Sioux Falls (4909 N Lewis Ave)
- 2010 • Bob O’Connor Retired (Dec 31)
- 2011 • Mike O’Connor became President after Bob O’Connor Retired
- 2016 • O’Connor Group changes marketing umbrella company name to HVAC Elements
Explore our ExpertiseLeadership Team
O’Connor Company is vested in the communities in which we serve. Our employees and owners annually give back to those in need. Learn More
O’Connor Company is owned by a group of individuals who bring decades of HVAC equipment experience to the table. Learn More