O’Connor Company is a manufacturer’s representative, supplying heating, ventilating and cooling equipment to contractors and commercial customers. We have been in business since 1971 and have offices in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
Education and experience requirements:
- Gather technical information to assist with HVAC equipment start-up, and put post-start-up documentation in order.
- Respond to customer and service staff requests for parts and technical information.
- Research answers to questions regarding HVAC equipment problems.
- Oversee warranty claims and in turn, see that claims to suppliers are handled promptly.
- Maintain favorable relationships with suppliers and seek alternate sources.
- Work with field service technicians and salespeople to provide proper support to customers.
- Maintain good relationships with customers and be proactive about communicating with them.
We offer competitive pay, including annual bonus plan. Training is provided at company expense. Full-time benefits package includes Major Medical, 401K, PTO, Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts and other voluntary benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
- HVAC experience preferred with an understanding of mechanical systems.
- Capable of reading and understanding technical documentation, including wiring diagrams.
- Good computer skills which include working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and to include good phone etiquette.
- Positive attitude when handling customer problems.
- Organized and detail oriented.