HVAC Controls Technician (Southwest Minnesota)
G&R Controls is an Independent Field Office for Siemens Industry, Inc. We sell, install and service building automation and temperature control systems. We serve commercial and institutional markets. Our offices are located in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota, and Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
Education and experience requirements:
- Installation of temperature control, building automation and security systems. This will involve pulling wire and terminating to devices, running some conduit, mounting field panels and energy management components, and assisting with system start-up.
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments or repairs to DDC control systems, including sensors, field cabinets, control consoles and other HVAC system components.
- Respond to customer service calls.
- Communicate with customers and document steps taken.
- Some travel is required, though during weeks of travel, employees are home on weekends.
- We prefer a 2 year technical degree or construction experience.
- Electrical license or HVAC training preferred.
- We will pay licensing fees where required.
- Must be able to read blue prints and wiring diagrams.
- Experience in wiring automation or controls is a plus.
- HVAC experience helpful, but not required.
- Applicant must have valid drivers license, good driving record and clean background.
We offer competitive pay, including annual bonus plan. For this position, we provide training, tools, safety equipment, company vehicle, company shirts and pay for licensing. We cover travel expenses including per diems. Full-time benefits package includes Major Medical, 401K, PTO, Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts and other voluntary benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
- Use hand tools.
- Able to bend, kneel and work overhead.
- Lift 50+ pounds.
- Navigate up and down ladders.