Boiler-Burner Service Technician
G&R Controls sells and services commercial boilers, boiler-burners and hydronic heating system components. We serve commercial and institutional markets. Our offices are located in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota, and Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
Education and experience requirements:
- Respond to customer service calls.
- Deliver technical support to customers.
- Troubleshoot and analyze hydronic and steam heating systems, including burners and boiler controls.
- Check and test system components and make repairs.
- Communicate with customers to determine corrective action, and accurately document steps taken.
- Attend factory and safety training to upgrade and maintain knowledge of our products and services.
- Some travel is required with company paying expenses and per diems.
- Experience working with combustion, hydronic and steam heating systems desired, though we will train.
- Experience working with other HVAC components, controls and electrical gear a plus.
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must be of good character (background check will be conducted).
We offer competitive pay, including annual bonus plan. For this position, we provide training, tools, safety equipment, company vehicle, company shirts and pay for licensing. We cover travel expenses including per diems. Full-time benefits package includes Major Medical, 401K, PTO, Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts and other voluntary benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
- Use hand tools.
- Able to bend and kneel as well as work overhead.
- Lift 50+ pounds.
- Navigate up and down ladders.