G&R Controls is an Independent Field Office for Siemens Industry, Inc. We sell, install and service building automation and temperature control systems. We serve commercial and institutional markets. Our offices are located in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota, and Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
Education and experience requirements:
- Install temperature control, building automation and security systems. This will involve pulling wire and terminating to devices, running some conduit, mounting field panels and energy management components and assisting with system start-up.
- Document work progress and changes and redline plans to ensure we maintain accurate ‘as built’ drawings.
- Coordinate labor, equipment and material needs with staff, suppliers and other trades to keep jobs on schedule.
- Answer to issues presented by Project Owners and Contractors.
- Follow safety procedures on jobsites.
- Some travel is required, with company paying expenses. Home on weekends.
- Journeyman Electrician license preferred.
- Must be able to read blue prints and wiring diagrams.
- Experience with wiring controls / building automation and good PC skills are required.
- We prefer a 2 year technical degree and/or extensive experience in the construction industry.
- HVAC experience helpful, but not required.
- Must be self motivated and project a great attitude.
- A professional image, good organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Applicant must have valid drivers license, good driving record and clean background
We offer competitive pay, including annual bonus plan. For this position, we provide training, tools, safety equipment, company vehicle, company shirts and we pay for licensing. We cover travel expenses including per diems. Full-time benefits package includes Major Medical, 401K, PTO, Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts and other voluntary benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
- Use hand tools.
- Able to bend, kneel and work overhead.
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Navigate up and down ladders.